Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect information from you when you complete an enquiry form on our website or our social media site
We will ask you to confirm if you are happy to receive newsletters and offers from Sugar Magic.
In running and operating the website, we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. We collect information relating to website users by using cookies ( see details below).
The data we collect from you may be classed a ‘ personal data’, information about an individual who can be identified by it. The information we collect might include the following
- Your name
- Your address and postcode
- Your e mail address
- Your IP address
- Any information regarding what pages on our website are accessed and when
The data we may collect
- If you contact us we may keep a record of your e mail and other correspondence
- Information that you provide as a result of filling in forms on our website such as a contact form
- Information you provide when you agree to receive newsletters and offers
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use our website. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service and may be sent to third-party processors for the purposes of
data analysis, to improve our marketing efforts and for targeting specific services and products.
Your privacy is important to us and we promise never to release your personal data to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes.
How we use the data about you?
To send you information that you have requested via our contact form
- To seek feedback
- To notify you regarding any changes to the business or website, services or products
- For our record keeping, website performance and evaluation
Who has access to your information?
In order to comply with the Data Protection Act of 1984 and 1998, we follow procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access, misuse, alteration or loss of information under our control.
Our security measure may mean that we will require proof of identity before we are able to disclose information to you. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example PayPal to process payments or Mail Chimp to send you marketing communications). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we ensure their own Privacy Policies are in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Whilst we take appropriate measures, both technical and organisational, to safeguard your personal data you provide us, we cannot guarantee that transmissions over the internet are totally secure, therefore the transfer of personal data via the internet is entirely at your own risk.
How long we retain your data?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was obtained or for the duration of the contract.
How to Opt out?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not make contact with you unless you have opted in. If then, you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our properties and offers, then you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ link at the bottom of marketing emails sent to you
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01326250735 and we will process your request within 7 days
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
Your ‘right to be forgotten’ and access. You are legally entitled to access, modify, correct, revoke your consent and delete any data we hold relating to you and that you have the legal right to forbid this data being prevented to any third parties. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Sugar Magic holds about you at any time. Please use the contact details below if you would like to receive a copy. The accuracy of your information is also important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at: Sugar Magic, 4, Chapel Town Close, Mawnan Smith, Falmouth, TR11 5UU. Alternatively, you can telephone 01326 250735.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by adjusting your browser preferences or using a dedicated browser extension.
To find out more about how to manage cookies through your chosen browser go to allaboutcookies.org
Links to other websites
In addition, if you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.